(1) a carving of an Asian elephant(2) a table decorated with fluted carving(3) Master craftsmen built some Welsh churches, and these may well have been adorned with ornate wooden carvings .(4) The walls are dark wood and carvings are etched carefully into posts set around the room.(5) They're best known for their rock art carvings most of which is Pictish and dates from the fourth century.(6) Every corner was adorned with precious wooden and granite carvings mounted on ornate pedestals.(7) The door was engraved with carvings of dead and live roses with long stems and sharp thorns.(8) It was made of stone, and it had carvings of sea creatures carved into the front door.(9) Wooden carvings of birds hang upside down from a set of wires stretched along the low ceiling.(10) Rare paintings, frescoes and stone carvings present a marvellous panorama to the visitor.(11) Bulls are found in stone carvings as well as in the prehistoric cave paintings of the region.(12) Their exhibition features traditional and contemporary Pacific art and carvings .(13) The carvings stem from the Byzantine period and apparently were made by monks in the fourth or fifth century.(14) Gilded statues and carvings adorn the walls and pilgrims come from far and wide.(15) The gilded wooden carvings around the windows had turned brown, but now they gleam.(16) Scholars believe that these carvings were designed for export to Europe.
(1) carve :: khắc chạm
(2) carving knife :: dao khắc
(3) wood carving :: chạm khắc gỗ
(4) stone carving :: khắc đá
(5) jade carving :: ngọc bích khắc
(6) carving fork :: nĩa được chạm khắc
1. sculpture ::
2. cutting ::
3. sculpt ::
4. engrave ::
5. slice ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Bring the bird over here
and the CARVING knife.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Thank you for CARVING a smiley face
in my sandwich.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
The words they'll be CARVING
into my tombstone.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
Even now I could out through
the five of you like CARVING a cake!
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
English to Vietnamese Dictionary: carving
Meaning and definitions of carving, translation in Vietnamese
language for carving with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of carving in Vietnamese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'carving'
What carving means in Vietnamese, carving meaning
in Vietnamese, carving
definition, examples and pronunciation
of carving in Vietnamese language.