bàn cải, không chịu, không thừa nhận, tranh luậnchiến đấu, cuộc bàn cải, cuộc đánh, cuộc đua, cuộc thi
Cuộc thibắt bẻđấu thủthí sinhtranhtranhcuộc thi
Noun(1) an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants(2) a struggle between rivals
Verb(1) to make the subject of dispute, contention, or litigation
(1) The violator is then given an opportunity to respond, defend the content in question and contest the size of the fine.(2) I don't at this stage, and I never have thought, that it's constructive to characterise it as a conflict or a contest .(3) a coalition was formed to contest the presidential elections(4) The German authorities applied this decision, refusing the customs exemption, and the applicant sought to contest this before the national court.(5) National threatens to dismantle workers rights to contest dismissal and also seek to reduce holiday entitlements.(6) In other words, the cases were substantial enough that the nurses didn't even contest the allegations or seek a less severe discipline than surrender.(7) He said at no time did he campaign for the position from any association and saw no need to get disappointed because he was just asked to contest the position.(8) Participants must agree to arbitration outside of the US court system for conflicts arising from this contest .(9) We'll get heartily sick of these two issues over the next three months but, for now, both introduce wonderful novelty to the political contest .(10) At the same time they also do not possess the means to question and contest such representations.(11) a gigantic air rifle shooting contest(12) Directors have turned the traditional good versus evil contest into the screen classics.(13) How did supporters of the proposed federal Constitution contest this position?(14) a leadership contest(15) According to the presidential election law, a party must win at least 3 percent of House seats or 5 percent of the vote to contest the presidential election.(16) Thus the struggle for legitimacy and recognition is not only a contest between traditional authorities and state actors.
(1) beauty contest :: Cuộc thi sắc đẹp
(2) no contest :: không có cuộc thi
(3) spelling contest :: cuộc thi đánh vần
(4) eating contest :: cuộc thi ăn uống
(5) final contest :: cuộc thi chính thức
1. competition ::
2. fight ::
3. compete for ::
cạnh tranh cho
4. oppose ::
5. debate ::
6. contend ::
1. accept ::
2. believe ::
3. embrace ::
4. swallow ::
contest, contestable, contestant, contestants, contested, contesting, contests
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Okay, just for the record,
I have never entered a wet T-shirt CONTEST.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
It's like me challenging you
to a sexy pants CONTEST.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
a free throw CONTEST.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
...have an old-fashioned
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
She and I once had
a staring CONTEST.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
English to Vietnamese Dictionary: contest
Meaning and definitions of contest, translation in Vietnamese
language for contest with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of contest in Vietnamese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'contest'
What contest means in Vietnamese, contest meaning
in Vietnamese, contest
definition, examples and pronunciation
of contest in Vietnamese language.