Noun(1) a formally arranged gathering(2) a small informal social gathering(3) a casual or unexpected convergence(4) the social act of assembling for some common purpose(5) the act of joining together as one(6) a place where things merge or flow together (especially rivers
Verb(1) come together(2) get together socially or for a specific purpose(3) be adjacent or come together(4) fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction(5) collect in one place(6) get to know; get acquainted with(7) meet by design; be present at the arrival of(8) contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle(9) experience as a reaction(10) undergo or suffer(11) be in direct physical contact with; make contact
(1) he intrigued her on their first meeting(2) he chaired a public meeting attended by the Minister(3) race meeting(4) The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the merits of the former ambassador traveling to Niger.(5) They understood the purpose of the meeting was to discuss incorporating a new company.(6) the early-dismissal policy will be discussed at our next meeting(7) The purpose of the meeting was to execute a legal document.(8) he scored two tries at their first meeting(9) It was the first time in 15 years they had held a formal meeting to discuss problems in the area.(10) they're seeking an urgent meeting of the council(11) she liked him from that first meeting(12) an athletics meeting(13) Whether it was a chance meeting or a planned meeting is not relevant to the point we were making.(14) Union officials have written to executives seeking an urgent meeting to discuss the matter.(15) Their meeting was chance when they happened to be walking in the same vicinity.(16) But some who attended the meeting felt their questions were yet to be answered.
(1) meet :: gặp
(2) meeting room :: phòng họp
(3) meeting place :: nơi gặp gỡ
(4) business meeting :: Hội nghị kinh doanh
(5) meeting point :: điểm gặp
(6) hold a meeting :: tổ chức một cuộc họp
(7) minutes of meeting :: Biên bản cuộc họp
(8) meeting request :: yêu câu gặp mặt
(9) board meeting :: họp Hội đồng
(10) at the meeting :: tại cuộc họp
(11) arrange a meeting :: sắp xếp buổi gặp mặt
1. gathering ::
2. consultation ::
3. encounter ::
4. convergence ::
5. coming together ::
đến với nhau
7. confluence ::
8. encounter ::
9. get to know ::
10. assemble ::
11. converge ::
12. face ::
13. greet ::
14. fulfill ::
15. pay ::
16. come across ::
17. receive ::
19. take on ::
21. conform to ::
phù hợp với
22. suffer ::
23. adjoin ::
phụ thêm vào
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I can't find it, and I'm late
for my Weight Watchers MEETING!
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
Set up a MEETING.
Let's see what they have to say.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
He betrayed you. He set up a MEETING
without your knowledge or consent.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
I've been sent
to escort you all to the MEETING.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
It's just we're MEETING Leonard's parents
for the first time.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
English to Vietnamese Dictionary: meeting
Meaning and definitions of meeting, translation in Vietnamese
language for meeting with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of meeting in Vietnamese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'meeting'
What meeting means in Vietnamese, meeting meaning
in Vietnamese, meeting
definition, examples and pronunciation
of meeting in Vietnamese language.