Noun(1) a set of two similar things considered as a unit(2) two items of the same kind(3) two people considered as a unit(4) a poker hand with 2 cards of the same value
Verb(1) form a pair or pairs(2) bring two objects, ideas, or people together(3) occur in pairs(4) arrange in pairs(5) engage in sexual intercourse
(1) Once outside, Rebecca donned a pair of sunglasses, effectively hiding her silvery eyes.(2) I quickly hurried over to the closet and pulled out my cleanest pair of jeans.(3) Then I was idly wondering what kind of sauce to pair with this pasta.(4) I yanked a white boat neck sweater over the gray halter to pair with the pleated gray skirt I was wearing.(5) I think one of them had a pair of nines and one had a pair of aces.(6) In many species pairs are stable for at least three years, and some butterflyfishes may pair for life.(7) So singletons out there, don't give up hope, your pair is out there somewhere!(8) He added a pair of filters that correspond to two bands of infrared light needed to detect aflatoxin and fumonisin.(9) Pair a basic pair of jeans with a shirt you really like, or a cool belt or shoes.(10) Grab a pair of sharp scissors and at least two pairs of pants you won't miss until next winter.(11) The proposed jackpot would be awarded, for a side bet, to players receiving both a royal flush and a pair of aces.(12) a company run by a pair of brothers(13) a pair of scissors(14) Females pair with a male within a day of arriving and begin building their first nest within a few days.(15) Sally suggests putting together a pair of straight trousers with a biggish top and a belt slung around loosely.(16) get out, the pair of you
(1) au pair :: au cặp
(2) a pair of :: một cặp
(3) a pair :: một đôi
(4) a pair of shoes :: một đôi giày
(5) pair up :: cặp
(6) pair of scissors :: cái kéo
(7) pair of shoes :: đôi giày
(8) a pair of scissors :: một cây kéo
(9) a pair of trousers :: một cái quần dài
(10) pair of pants :: cặp quần
2. two ::
3. couplet ::
hai câu thơ hợp lại đủ nghiả
4. couple ::
5. duad ::
6. brace ::
7. match ::
8. geminate ::
9. pair off ::
10. mate ::
người bạn đời
11. twin ::
pair, paired, pairing, pairings, pairs, pairwise
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
a PAIR of old underwear
fell out of my pant leg!
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
I've seen you two whispering in the
night, giggling like a PAIR of girls.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
a new PAIR of underwear,
just in case.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
I’ve got a PAIR of scissors
and I can get hold of more tools.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
You boys are a PAIR
of gold-plated cunts.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
English to Vietnamese Dictionary: pair
Meaning and definitions of pair, translation in Vietnamese
language for pair with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pair in Vietnamese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'pair'
What pair means in Vietnamese, pair meaning
in Vietnamese, pair
definition, examples and pronunciation
of pair in Vietnamese language.